The DIscovery and Journey of the Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet

Our Journey: The Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet .

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Casein Free Blueberry Muffins

Yummy!  I thought I'd better get this up since it's now Blueberry picking season in our area! I know in Maine it won't be for another month or so - but here in the Northwest we are already sneaking into the fields early  - and I am NOT naming names -


Casein Free Blueberry Muffins

Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees

WASH 
1-2 Cups of Fresh Blueberries (If frozen, rinse off ice and set aside)
(I have 2 little girls that always seem to make my Blueberry stash disappear while it's waiting for me in the measuring cup - which I why I always start with 2 Cups. If you, however, have no secret snackers in your home then you can start with 1 Cup!)




Blend
1/2 - 1 Cup Sugar  (if you have company over that's used to "sweet" stuff use 1 Cup. My girls don't eat much sugar so 1/2 Cup is plenty)
 1/2 Cup Earth Balance (or coconut oil)
1 Egg
1 Cup Fiber (I used 1/2 Cup Dried Coconut Flakes and 1/2 Cup Almond Meal - See End for Pics where I use 1 Cup Oatmeal)


Add all of the following at the SAME TIME before mixing on slow speed
1 Cup Flour
1 Tbs Baking Powder
1 Cup Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Salt



 Use Spatula to scrape the sides and stir by hand for a few strokes


 Gently stir in 
1-2 Cups Blueberries

 Spoon into muffin pan

 BAKE for 30 Minutes (at 375 Degrees)





If you choose to use Oatmeal for your 1 Cup of Fiber - this is what it will look like:


No comments:

Post a Comment