The DIscovery and Journey of the Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet

Our Journey: The Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet .

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Artificial color can float and fly?



I have moved my blog to another page. Please visit me here!


Carrie



First of all - every child is different. BUT, having said that, usually children who have a sensitivity to artificial color  internally (eating it) will also have some reaction to it being inhaled thru their nose or absorbed thru their feet and hands during an art class. (Or playing outside with sidewalk chalk)

FYI  I am now completely convinced that Tempura paint is HIGHLY airborne!!! Mae had a horrible episode last month when she sat over a pile of tempura paint mixed with shaving cream during art class. The very next morning I had coffee with a friend who informed me that her cousin is allergic to artificial color and is a painter. When she paints with tempura paint she must wear an aspirator. Problem solved. Case closed. From now on - Mae uses watercolors (to which we have had no reactions to inhaling indoors with little ventilation). IF we have to use tempura, we do it outside!!!

I found these gloves online that she now wears during art class to prevent the glues, paint, markers from getting on her skin.


I'm not sure that wearing them for a long time is healthy, but the alternative is unacceptable. Mae likes the pretty colors they come in - pink, purple, orange, and blue. And no need to worry about Mae feeling different or embarrassed in art class - MOST of the other kids beg to have a pair as well!!! 

I found them at Madison art store. Let me know if you find them cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment