The DIscovery and Journey of the Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet

Our Journey: The Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet .

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Carrie's Casein Free Biscotti

This is a recipe very close to my heart :)
It has become a STAPLE in our home. Whenever we travel I make a TON of these. Mae and Rose love to eat them for breakfast soaked in Almond Milk. Or as a crunchy snack while outside playing (not recommended in the car - too crummy!). I have photos at the end of some of the ingredients (I have verified them to be casein free)

Here goes!

Carrie's Casein Free Biscotti 

Preheat Oven to 350 and set out two sheets of baking parchment paper

First you blend
1 1/2 Cup Soft Earth balance Butter
1 3/4 Cup Sugar (you may make it sweeter if you like ~ 2C)
When blended, Add in
6 eggs
Then blend in
1 Tablespoon Almond Extract
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 Cups "Fiber" ( Here I chose dried coconut flakes and Oatmeal - but sometimes I use nut meal)

Blend in
1 Tablespoon Baking powder
4 Cups flour
1 Cup Chocolate Chips!
(nuts optional)


Make 2 piles of dough on the parchment paper

Bake one at a time for 30 minutes. Then take out and carefully cut into slices and roll onto side (without breaking in half!)




When done cutting place back into oven for 20 minutes.

Then VWALAA!! Here is the end result! Wait until they are cooled and hardened... usually overnight.
The more "stale" the better!


Here are some of the ingredients:
(The rest can be found on my "What food I buy" page.)







1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! And love reading your blog, Carrie! Check out SUPER SUPPLEMENTS (online + numerous locations) for some great prices on beauty, health, and home products. I know they carry some Kiss My Face and Bio Kleen items. At Fred Meyer, I just picked up some "cheese style shreds" made by Daiya, which states it is free of: dairy, lactose, casein, gluten and soy and made in a plant free of animal ingredients, milk, egg, soy, peanuts & tree nuts (excluding coconut). I'll let you know how it tastes! See you in art class!

    ReplyDelete