The DIscovery and Journey of the Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet

Our Journey: The Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet .

Friday, May 13, 2011

Week 1: Things to watch for...


Here are few things that come immediately to mind -  some of which I missed the first week.

Toothpaste
Sunblock (I'm working on a blog for this!)
Hand soap (bathrooms)
Dish soap
Dishwasher soap (it leaves a film on the dishes)
Laundry detergent
Shampoo
Sidewalk chalk (on hands and inhaling)
Fingernail Polish (I am going to reintroduce this for trial)
Play-do (make your own!)
Painting (any art project that gets color in contact with skin - wear gloves!)
Stick-on tattoos
Children's medicine
(I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I go to bed!)


Travel with your own hand soap. Public restrooms almost always use colored soap. And even if it looks white 9 times out of 10 it has color in it! This goes for hand sanitizer as well. I don't trust ANY of the main brands. I make my own. (half Aloe Vera Gel, half 93+% alcohol ; I add some Young Living Essential oils to mine)


A positive note: Although in the beginning it took around 5 days to for her body to rid itself of one molecule of artificial color, HFCS, or casein... I can honestly say that now (after 16 months on the diet) it is more like 12-24 hours recovery time. So it did get better for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment