The DIscovery and Journey of the Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet

Our Journey: The Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet .

Friday, May 6, 2011

Pasta with "Iron Lactate" as an ingredient?!?!?

 as I was about to pour a new bag of pasta in the boiling water, I reread the ingredients (a habit) an noticed IRON LACTATE ?!?

I am currently researching it - so if you know more about it please comment. So far it seems like a new form of iron where they bond a whey(casein) protein to an iron molecule to prevent it breaking down and tasting like metal when mixed with Vit C products (such as Red Pasta sauce)..

I have stopped using it completely.  And will get back when I find out more :)

This is why I ALWAYS read the ingredients.  Even if I have been using the product for months!!!

UPDATE: It DOES have Casein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment