The DIscovery and Journey of the Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet

Our Journey: The Casein Free, HFCS Free, Artificial Color Free diet .

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Carrie's Casein Free Chocolate Cupcakes / Cake

These are HANDS DOWN the best Chocolate Cupcakes I've ever had!!! and I'm not just saying that because they are mine :)

I have included many, many pics to prove my point.  I dare you to not eat spoonfulls of batter! 
Here goes:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray stone cupcake pan with Spectrum oil (You'll have to experiment if you use metal pans with cupcake holders - I am a pampered chef connoisseur) NOTE: This also makes 2 round cake pans of batter if you'd like a layered cake

Blend:
3/4 Cup Earth Balance Butter
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup regular sugar

When whipped nicely Add:
3 Eggs






Then add
1 Cup Almond Milk
3/4 Cup Vanilla Coconut yogurt






Slowly mix in
1 3/4 Cup Flour
1 1/4 Cup Cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
8 "cranks" Sea Salt ( This might be around 1 teaspoon?)

Whip for a minute or two.



Pour into greased cupcake stone (or pan with liners).

This is where I note the amount...
The batter (if used entirely) will make:
12 "Muffin Top" cupcakes (which is what I did in the pictures below)
or
18 regular cupcakes - filled only 3/4 of the way up the mold/paper cup etc...

(Note: if you eat a few Tablespoons of batter - like I usually do! - then it will make 12 regular cupcakes. This is why my recipe makes a little more than the needed amount. This batter with a glass or two of wine is the perfect "snack" while baking. lol)

Place in oven slightly above center.


Every oven is different  - but
I bake for 27 minutes.

Let set for 20 minutes (At least) before taking out of mold.

Please don't drool on your keyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment